ALA Unveils *cybercollection* of 700+ Sites for Kids

Walter Minkel walterm at nethost.multnomah.lib.or.us
Tue Dec 2 17:23:26 EST 1997

Mike-- I'm one of the committee that put the 700 Sites together. We worked
very hard on a very short timeline, & put together a product that, while
not perfect, is definitely a good resource for those looking for good
content sites for kids 14 & under.

Soon ALSC (ALA's Association for Library Service to Children) will be
releasing a list of "Notable Web Sites" for young people 14 & under. It
will be a much smaller list (like 20 or so), featuring the "best of the
best" for young people. --W

On Sun, 30 Nov 1997, Mike McGuire wrote:

> I don't know if this is good news or bad news. Regardless, ALA's seemingly
> shotgun approach by accumulating *700* sites could certainly be improved
> by selecting the best 70 or so.

Walter Minkel, School Corps Technology Trainer
Multnomah County Library, 205 NE Russell St., Portland, OR 97212
Voice (503)736-6002; fax (503)248-5441; walterm at nethost.multnomah.lib.or.us