[FYI] NETFUTURE newsletter on IFLANET

Terry Kuny Terry.Kuny at xist.com
Tue Dec 2 14:35:04 EST 1997

The UDT Core Programme of IFLA is pleased to announce the
hosting of NETFUTURE, a popular and thought-provoking
newsletter dealing with technology and human responsibility.

The editor is Steve Talbott. Steve is author of "The Future
Does Not Compute: Transcending the Machines in Our Midst,"
and is an editor at the respected publishers of computing
texts, O'Reilly & Associates.

Postings occur roughly once every week or two.

NETFUTURE looks beyond the generally recognized issues such
as privacy, access, and dangerous computer glitches, seeking
especially to address those deep levels at which we
half-consciously shape technology and are shaped by it.
NETFUTURE looks at those forces that have recently
propelled the Net dramatically onto center stage
amidst near worship on the one hand, and (among a few)
something more like dread.

TO SUBSCRIBE TO NETFUTURE:

Send the message "subscribe NETFUTURE your name" to:

   listserv at infoserv.nlc-bnc.ca

An archive of past NETFUTURE postings is available at:

This archive will be mirrored on IFLANET shortly.

For further information, please contact either:

   UDT Core Programme: ifla at nlc-bnc.ca
   Stephen Talbott: stevet at albany.net

See also IFLANET MAILING LISTS:

UDT Core Programme: