MIME Conversion Warning

Eugene Mitchell mitcheu at alvernia.edu
Thu Aug 28 14:25:49 EDT 1997

Colleagues:

We have been experiencing a MIME problem which has been
bothersome but does not appear to be causing serious problems.
Enough people keep complaining to me as Web Master, however, that I
now wish I can just make it go away.  You folks are so good I know
there is someone out there who can help me.

Our Web site is hosted by a private vendor.  We have the capability of
receiving e-messages such as electronic applications, information
requests, etc.  Every time someone sends us a message, here is what
happens:

Say someone has sent me an information request.  When I am
downloading my mail, as the system gets to the request, I receive a
message which reads:

MIME Conversion Warning:
The address: "mitcheu at alvernia.edu." has failed to parse properly.  It
will be ignored which may cause side effects.

I click through this message twice and then I get the following message:

MIME Conversion Warning:
The address: "WebForm Mailer at barnes" has failed to parse properly.  It
will be ignored which may cause side effects.

I click through this one twice and then the system goes on with no
problems.  I receive the messages, can print them, etc.

How can I make this stop?

Eugene S. Mitchell
Director of Library Services
Alvernia College