nul proxy and cheap filters

Gary Newhouse garyn at acs.oakton.edu
Thu Aug 28 10:51:28 EDT 1997

I am trying to configure a proxy set-up and run into a problem entering
domains in the no proxy for box.  It seems no matter how i key them,
some of the no proxy for domains will not hit.  Is there a limit tothe
number of domaines that can be entered there?  is the syntax
xxx.xxx.edu,xxx.xxx.org,xxx.xxx.net  or should there be a space between
the domains?

Ultimately I hope to use this to set up a nul proxy server and allow
access to only a limited number of URLs from a few specialized access
library "card-catalog" stations the library.  This idea originated with
Glen Davis on the Web4lib listserv (thanks Glen) and I need some
refinements.