Webmaster hours

Judy Levine JLEVINE at ogh.on.ca
Wed Aug 27 13:16:59 EDT 1997

We are trying to find out, on average, how many hours per
week are spent on Webmaster work. We are particularly
interested in Webmasters who work in hospitals but we'd
also like to hear from those who are in academic libraries as
well.
At our institution (www.ogh.on.ca), the Webmaster role is
shared by library staff, with very few hours to devote to it. We
are responsible for most everything on the hospital web site
except server maintenance, which is done by a computer
techie (or is it tekkie?).
I am assuming that there will be some hospitals out there
who have someone who is responsible for the web site and
for little else, but I suspect they are few and far between -
academic libraries are another story.
I can summarize the responses I receive and post to the list,
if there is interest. I am also going to have a look at
Webmaster job descriptions, but I am more interested n
hearing from real people.
TIA
Judy Levine, Librarian
Ottawa General Hospital Library
501 Smyth Road, Ottawa ON   Canada   K1H 8L6
(613) 737-8530   Fax (613) 737-8521
jlevine at ogh.on.ca

You can't tell which way the train went by looking at the
tracks