Organizational chart

Peter Murray pem at po.cwru.edu
Wed Aug 27 09:17:53 EDT 1997

--On Wed, Aug 27, 1997 7:47 AM -0400 "Thomas Dowling"
<tdowling at ohiolink.edu> wrote:
> Lessee, it needs faithful representation of the original layout and page
> size...
>
> PDF.
>
> Sure, some percentage of casual users don't have Acrobat installed, but
> isn't the audience for an internal org chart pretty self-selected in the
> first place?

PDF isn't any better than an image...in fact it might be worse.  I for one
haven't had much luck with browser plugins that imbed PDF inside a
browser's HTML screen, so you have to launch a helper application.  It does
have the advantage, though, that the PDF file can be text-based, so it
could be easily read.  A text-based PDF file should be small in size, too.
No help for text-only browsers though.

Peter
--
Peter Murray, Library Systems Manager                      pem at po.cwru.edu