File viewer for TIFfiles

Thomas McMillan Grant Bennett bennettt at am.appstate.edu
Mon Aug 25 16:59:00 EDT 1997

If you are using Win95/OSR2 then you already have a tif image viewer
called Imaging fro Windows 95 which can be found under
Start-Programs-Accesories-Imaging.  If you are running an earlier
release of Win95 you might check the MS home page to see if image is
available free as an upgrade.  Otherwise there are several viewers
downloadable from www.tucows.com, cws.internet.com,www.download.com,
www.shareware.com.  You will have to check the individual licensing for
each product.

You mentioned you don't want to go through file conversion but, tif
images use much more disk space than gif,jpeg, or bitmap files.  And,
gif and jpg files can be loaded and viewed directly from a web browser.
In fact, the web browser can have a bookmark to the directory which has
the files and display the name of each file, if that drive is mapped to
the PC where you want to view the files and your web server is set to
allow viewing of directories.  On the other hand, tif files are much
better quality than the others.

Thomas Bennett.

--

If it works, don't fix it!