filters/barcodes

Karen G. Schneider kgs at bluehighways.com
Fri Aug 22 22:44:35 EDT 1997

question to a half dozen vendors so far, and each time they have responded
that this would be easy to implement (regardless if we are talking about
keying in barcode numbers or swiping a card).  They've also said this about
warn-vs.-override, a feature that would warn about objectionable content
and then let the patron override.  The two could theoretically be combined
to authenticate overrides for authorized patrons.

___

Karen G. Schneider | kgs at bluehighways.com | schneider.karen at epamail.epa.gov
Director, US EPA Region 2 Library | Contractor, GCI | Opinions home-grown
The Internet Filter Assessment Project: http://www.bluehighways.com/tifap/
Author, Forthcoming: A Practical Guide to Internet Filters (Neal Schuman,
1997)