Chat groups or chat rooms for librarians -Reply

Frank Cervone fcervone at wppost.depaul.edu
Fri Aug 22 15:28:58 EDT 1997

I can see it now Bill ....
instead of age, location, and gender checks in the chat rooms, we'll have
classification scheme and "What's your favorite MARC field?" checks. ;-)

Oh, and it's Dewey/856, BTW.

Frank Cervone (trying to inject some humor into a recently humorless list)
Assistant Director for Systems
DePaul University Libraries
2350 North Kenmore Avenue
Chicago, IL 60614
773.325.7726

>>> Wilfred Drew <drewwe at MORRISVILLE.EDU> 08/22/97 10:14am >>>
I have started using chat a little in some of the techie chat rooms and
in some of those for those of us in the forty something age group.  Are
there any for librarians especially academic librarians?  I am currently
using PowWow and ICQ as well as going to www.wbs.net to use their
web
based chat.
--
Wilfred Drew (Call me "Bill"); Associate Librarian (Systems, Reference)
SUNY College of Ag. & Tech.;   P.O. Box 902;  Morrisville, NY
powwow:drewwe at wedrew.lib.morrisville.edu
Phone: (315)684-6055 or 684-6060 Fax: (315)684-6115
Homepage: http://www.morrisville.edu/~drewwe/
Below is 3 lines of blatant self-promotion:
Author of _Key Guide to Electronic Resources: Agriculture, 1995,
Information Today.
Not Just Cows: http://www.morrisville.edu/~drewwe/njc/ Best guide to
agriculture on the net.
LibraryLinks: http://www.morrisville.edu/pages/library/  Great set of