Setting NT Directory Permissions

Robert Sullivan SCP_SULLI at sals.edu
Fri Aug 15 23:03:14 EDT 1997

As a followup to the recent discussion about security on public NT
workstations, I'd like to pass along something I saw on WINNT-L.

If you're setting up multiple machines, you can save a lot of time by using a
script or batch file to set the directory and file permissions.  Creating that
batch file can also take a while, and I was glad to see a ready-made one posted
to the list.  You may access it in the list archives at:

http://206.241.12.4/scripts/wa.exe?A2=ind9708b&L=winnt-l&O=T&P=59080

or if that doesn't work, check the list archives at
http://206.241.12.4/archives/winnt-l.html, call up "August 1997, week 2" and go
to the third message about "NT in a lab environment."

Note that the scripts are contained in an attachment and if you (like me) use
an older mail system, you may need a MIME decoder.

Bob Sullivan                               scp_sulli at sals.edu
Schenectady County Public Library (NY)     http://www.scpl.org