Printing Problems-Internet PC's

Lynne Curran curranl at mpl.on.ca
Thu Aug 14 20:48:04 EDT 1997

I have two public internet pc's sharing one BubbleJet 210 color printer by
way of a parallel print sharing device. We have a black cartridge in the
printer and do not use color.  I am experiencing problems when patrons
print documents of over 10 pages and/or printing large graphics such as
full page pictures. The printer sends out pages of garbage and must be
turned off. When you kill the print job the pc freezes up.  You must turn
the pc off and on as you can't reboot. Often you find that both pc's have
print jobs in the Print Manager and you must follow the same procedure on
the second pc. I would appreciate hearing about the type of printers others
are using successfully on internet pc's where this kind of printing is
being done.