Maintenance is so booooooooooring -Reply -Reply

Dan Lester DLESTER at bsu.idbsu.edu
Thu Aug 14 16:30:57 EDT 1997

>>> Sheryl Dwinell <dwinells at vmsb.csd.mu.edu> 08/14/97
01:38pm >>>
>But don't validators simply tell you whether a not a page
>*exists* at a particular URL? It won't tell you (for
>example) that the page now says "This wonderful
>reference source has moved -- its new location is
>http://some.other.location/".

No, there are validators that tell you this sort of information,
such as
the validator we use, Linkbot.

Same is true of CyberSpyder, which I recommended in

dan

Dan Lester, Network Information Coordinator
Boise State University Library, Boise, Idaho, 83725 USA
voice: 208-385-1235   fax:  208-385-1394
dlester at bsu.idbsu.edu     OR    alileste at idbsu.idbsu.edu
Cyclops' Internet Toolbox:    http://cyclops.idbsu.edu
"How can one fool make another wise?"   Kansas, 1979.