Netscape printing problems

Thomas McMillan Grant Bennett bennettt at am.appstate.edu
Thu Aug 14 16:08:43 EDT 1997

I  jusst tried  printing your test site below using Win 95 Communicator
4.01 and a networked HP laser jet 4p.  I printed the page right when I
got to it with no problem.  Next I filled out the form and printed the
page.  The second print out was exactly like the first, no form data was
printed just the form and side bar.  Last I printed the results of the
cgi query again with no problem. I used the print button from the print
icon in the navigation tool bar each time.
  Although I had good results at your test site, I have seen the problem
you refer to on other computers in our library searching other sites.
Sometimes I have found that if you click anywhere in the frame that you
want to print out and then choose the print button it will print
sometimes.  It seems that I most often find it to be a problem with
frames, but the page I got from your test site was not html frames but
rather a table.

Thomas Bennett

--