online document forms

Jim Morgan morganj at iupui.edu
Thu Aug 14 13:32:51 EDT 1997

A department has asked us to mount some wordprocessing forms on the
internet so that their recipients could use the in WordPerfect, Word, etc.
It seemed an easy request, since we have some .exe files we make
available this way, but I haven't figured out how to list the
document so that Netscape et.al. will download it instead of trying to
read it.  The documents in question have .doc and .wpd extensions.  When
Netscape displays them, I've tried saving to disk, but Netscape apparently
adds some additional text to them that makes the unreadable by the
wordprocessor.  Has anyone found a way to make wordprocessing docuements
available to web users?

Jim Morgan
morganj at iupui.edu