Netscape 4 and Telnet using a telnet.bat - in NT

Dennis Brantley dennis at dati.com
Thu Aug 14 12:40:44 EDT 1997

Jennifer_Reiswig at ucsdlibrary.ucsd.edu wrote:

>      We're using *WindowsNT* on our about-to-be-born public Internet
>      workstations, and we can't figure out how to get the batch file's
>      "DOS" window to close on exit, because NT doesn't offer the same range
>      of "properties" as Win95.  The best we can do so far is to make the
>      batch file's "DOS" window really, really small.  The user is still
>      going to have to know to close it at some point, or we'll have all
>      these little open windows everywhere.
>
>      Are any of you aware of a way in NT to force a DOS program to close
>      when it's finished running?  (Do any of you have strong opinions about
>      a patron's constitutional right to close their own DOS windows?!)

Batch files should automatically close on exit (I've assumed NT 4.0).
If the window is not closing, then some component initiated by the batch
file may still be running.  For .exe files, there is a 'close on exit'
button under Properties/Program.

--
Dennis Brantley
Data Access Technologies, Inc./CD Solutions
mailto:dennis at dati.com
Voice (770) 339-6554
FAX (770) 682-0629