Netscape printing problems

Genny Engel gen at dla.ucop.edu
Wed Aug 13 17:27:40 EDT 1997

> >Problem #1: "Document Contains No Data" or "No pages to print".  This
> >problem was addressed by Web4Lib back in March.  These pages are
> >generally cgi generated pages.  It is possible to save these pages as
> >HTML files, open them, and then print.  Has anyone come up with another
> >solution?  Is it just a problem with the DeskJets or are those of you
> >with other printers having the same problem?  A good test site for this

My solution has been, go to Netscape 4.  I've repeatedly had this problem
with version 3, even on simple text files!  But I've never experienced it
under version 4.

I have an HP LaserJet so it's definitely not just DeskJets, although it
may be something to do with HP drivers (though I doubt it).

Genny Engel
MELVYL System User Services
University of California
genny.engel at ucop.edu