Whoooo are you?

Brian Carney (carney) carney at sequent.com
Mon Aug 11 15:45:00 EDT 1997

We designed one solution to this problem, implemented in the digital library
that is the center of our corporate Intranet.  Pages include a 'pageinfo'
button at the top which displays the name of the person who published the
page, date and time of last update, content owner, etc.  Use this
information to identify the team that built the page, and thus you can know
where you are.  However, this required a technical approach to metadata
capture/organization/use  which isn't part of the usual Web server.

                    BC

Brian Carney
Knowledge Officer / American Operations
Sequent Computer Systems