terminal emulation problems

Bruce Hinman bruceh at csufresno.edu
Thu Aug 7 10:18:34 EDT 1997

Procom Plus is a very powerfull communications package. Far too powerfull
for what you need it seems. We use Nettterm and UWterm as our telnet
software. Both have the ability to turn off certain functions to try and
control "unauthorized" usages. If you are simply running a telnet package
from windows and not from a web browser just place the icon in the startup
group and turn off any unauthorized programs with the policy editor. You
can not stop users from closing the window but you can limit access to
other programs. If you are using a telnet package as a helper in a web
browser then I know of no way to stop someone from telneting to any site
they want. They simplly have to type "telnet://(system name) at the Open
location screen. If someone knows how to stop this I would be interested
in how you do it.
Hope this helps.

Bruce Hinman			bruceh at csufresno.edu
Library Equipment Technician	(209) 278-6528 office
Henry Madden Library 		(209) 278-6952 fax
California State University
Fresno, California