Netscape printing problems-Summary -Reply

Dan Lester DLESTER at bsu.idbsu.edu
Thu Aug 21 14:11:29 EDT 1997

One more point on this, and all my comments relate to
Win95 versions, but believe them to be true of others as well.

To upgrade NS Navigator 3.02 and earlier there are a couple
more options.

Use NS3.03, which since I installed it on my machine have
had NO problems with printing, as did with earlier versions.
Same for about fifty staff users. YMMV, of course.

And, you CAN upgrade now without going to the blasted
Communicator with all of its bloat and unneeded goodies for
most of us.  I'd NEVER put Communicator on a public
workstations.   You can NOW get NS Navigator 4.02 without
the rest of the goodies.  No page creation, no email, no this
and that.  Just the basics, plain vanilla (well, not sure it is
plain vanilla, but it is in comparison to communicator).

dan