MSNBC Column on David Burt

James Lynch JLynch at pobox.bccc.state.md.us
Thu Aug 21 12:24:37 EDT 1997

I object.  I have no desire for anyone to go away.  What I meant to
express, in a perhaps too terse way, was that having been written up in
the national press, it showed a lack of modesty to then go to lengths to
point out this fact.  Mr. Burt's need for publicity have been amply
rewarded by the original article.  If someone else wished to discuss
that article, that would give him more publicity.  But to press it on
people, unasked for, is, as I pointed out, distressingly immodest.

Jim Lynch
jlynch at bccc.state.md.us