Info request: multiples computers accessing Internet via the same phone line

Dennis Brantley dennis at dati.com
Fri Aug 1 19:30:14 EDT 1997

Jacques Presseault wrote:

> I believe there is a product which allows several computers to access
> the Internet simultaneously using the same telephone line.
>
> Does any one know about such a product?
>
> If you do, could you please forward me all relevant information.
>
> Thank you.
> --
> Jacques Presseault  jacques at olsn.on.ca
> Ontario Library Service - North (Sudbury)
> http://www.library.on.ca/index.html
> Tel.: (705) 675-6433 Fax: (705) 671-2441

One such product is 'Web etc' from Microtest.  See
http://www.microtest.com/webetc/.
It's cheap at $149, doesn't require any special client software, and
doesn't require a dedicated server to run it.  The idea is that up to 20
users share the same modem connection and if desired, even use the same
internet account.

--
Dennis Brantley
Data Access Technologies, Inc./CD Solutions
mailto:dennis at dati.com
Voice (770) 339-6554
FAX (770) 682-0629