deprecated elements in HTML 4.0 -Reply

Dan Lester DLESTER at bsu.idbsu.edu
Fri Aug 1 14:49:08 EDT 1997

We're not planning to implement style sheets until MS and
NS get their collective acts together.  They've signed the
agreement that says they'll not develop their own
add-ons/modifications independently any more, but imagine
it'll take until NS4.1 and IE4.1 or whatever until they've got it
merged.  Even that doesn't help those who have older tools,
but we can never satisfy ALL of the potential users.

To me the question of using "new stuff" depends on what
happens to it in the "wrong browser".  Does the page still
function, although "less pretty"?   If so, I can probably live
with it.  But if it really BREAKS some browser since 2.x, then
I don't want to touch it.   All of this is further compounded by
whether the "new stuff" is actually useful, or whether it is the
latest version of <blink>.    o-)

cheers

dan