TIFF-to-Jpeg batch converter?

Walter Lewis lewisw at hhpl.on.ca
Fri Apr 25 09:53:40 EDT 1997

> >From: David P Atkins <notdpa at unix1.sncc.lsu.edu>
> >We're about to publish aerial photographs on the WWW and want to be as lazy
> >as possible.  Are there any batch converters that will take a directory
> >full of tiff images  and convert them into jpeg or gif images?

Quite apart from Hijaak there are a number of Windows shareware
graphics tools that do this.
	Batch aside, I just yesterday learned the Making of America project was
storing as TIFF and converting on the fly to GIF (using the unix
tiff2gif utility).  Apparently in larger projects, with lower hit rates
on individual pages the economics may indicate this.
	Has anyone seen a *server side* control in the NT world that could do
this?

Walter Lewis
Deputy Chief/Systems		WebMaster
Halton Hills Public Library	HALINET