www-typology

Nils Pharo Nils.Pharo at jbi.hioslo.no
Fri Apr 25 11:16:25 EDT 1997

Hello,
I am a doctoral student working on the topic of user's search
strategies in the World Wide Web, I would like to put forward a
question concerning the different types of services on the web. I am
trying to classify different services with respect to their form,
content, ownership etc., and I am curious as to whether such work
have been done by others previously and would be glad to get any
information about this.

So far I am aware of the OCLC's Netfirst database's document types
and the "Dublin Core Standard Resource Types", as well as the
different search engines' and "Web subject indices'" content
categories.

Do any of you know about similar work done in this area?

Hopefully yours
Nils
Research Fellow Nils Pharo
Email: Nils.Pharo at jbi.hioslo.no
http://bibin.p52.hioslo.no/nils/
Telephone +47 22 45 26 84 Fax +47 22 45 26 05
Oslo College, Faculty of Journalism, Library and Information Science
Pilestredet 52 N-0167 Oslo, NORWAY