Cyberfiltering

Carolyn_Gonzalez at medcom1.smtplink.amedd.army.mil Carolyn_Gonzalez at medcom1.smtplink.amedd.army.mil
Wed Apr 30 13:19:56 EDT 1997

     All Concerned:

     I stopped following the cyberfiltering discussion when people started
     getting nasty with each other.  I'm not a public librarian, so the
     issue isn't directly related to my worklife.

     I fell into a discussion of cyberfilters and public libraries with one
     of my co-workers, a webmaster, when this idea hit me.

     Maybe libraries should have two computer banks--one for juveniles and
     one for adults.  The juvenile bank could be filtered or on an
     intranet, while the computer bank designated for adults could have
     unrestricted internet access.

     Has anyone come up with this idea yet, or put it to use yet?

     Thanks,

     Carolyn Ellis Gonzalez