telnet app redux

Jean-Marc Edwards jedwards at uottawa.ca
Mon Apr 28 11:58:38 EDT 1997

On 28 Apr 97 at 12:37, Toni Walder wrote:

> I need a telnet app to put on our PUBLIC internet terminals. Since it is
> for public use, I would like it to have to following characteristics:
> 	1) Simplicity of use / Adequate instructions
> 	2) Printing capabilities / Adequate instructions
> 	3) Little or no cost
> 	4) Minimum likelhood of screw-ups
>
> If you use any of the following, could you evaluate them on the above
> criteria? Hilgrave's Hyperterminal 3, WinQVT, AnzioLite?
>
> Any other suggestions also welcome.
>

> --
> Toni Walder (walderan at oplin.lib.oh.us)	Wright Memorial Public Library
> 937-294-8572 (voice)			1776 Far Hills Ave
> 937-294-8578 (fax)			Dayton OH 45419
>
> "The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's
> unfamiliar territory."  Paul Fix

Toni,

I find Simpterm also very good to use. It is small, compact and easy.
You should have a look at it.
Here is the address:

http://www.iit.edu/~hujianq/simpterm.html

Jean-Marc Edwards
Bibliothecaire de systemes (Internet et Formation)/Systems Librarian (Internet and Training)
Reseau de bibliotheques / Library Network
Universite d'Ottawa / University of Ottawa
email: mailto:jedwards at uottawa.ca
tel: 562-5800 ext.3225
Page web du reseau de bibliotheques: http://www.uottawa.ca/library