Anyone using Dublin Core and meta fields?

Paul Miller apm9 at york.ac.uk
Mon Apr 28 10:13:04 EDT 1997

On Fri, 25 Apr 1997, KAREN SCHNEIDER wrote:

> Is anyone out there using the Dublin Core and meta
> fields for embedding metadata in HTML? We're
> interested in this and I don't know if this is
> very much in the abstract still or if anyone is
> actually-factually doing this.

Yes. Amongst others, we at the Arts & Humanities Data Service in the UK
are embedding DC metadata into HTML.

The tools we are using to do this are now a little old, and will soon be
updated to take account of the changed element names (December 1996) and
the additional LANG qualifier from Canberra (March 1997). Still, feel free
to take a look...

A project currently working on a larger scale than the AHDS is the Nordic
Metadata Project, which is also embedding Dublin Core in HTML. You can see
their tool at http://www.ub.lu.se/metadata/DC_creator.html.

Hope this helps,

Paul

  == paul miller ============================= apm9 at york.ac.uk ==
   collections manager, archaeology data service, king's manor
   york, YO1 2EP, UK                  tel: +44 (0)1904 43 3954
  == http://ads.ahds.ac.uk/ahds/ ==== fax: +44 (0)1904 43 3939 ==