Librarian's attitudes toward filtering: The turning tid

Maxine Marks Feinberg maxif at li.net
Sun Apr 27 21:09:20 EDT 1997

On April 27, 1997, Sheryl Dwinell said:

> Second, why does this have to be a 'fight'???  Can't we have an
> mature, empassioned discussion without resorting to an us against
> them attitude amongst colleagues?

You mean along the lines of, "why can't we all just get along?"
(Sorry, I just finished watching "Riot," and I couldn't resist.)

Frankly, although I'm beginning to find all this quite entertaining,
(Certainly not the image of librarians I (and I'd venture to say most people)
had of people in the profession.) it doesn't look any more likely in
this situation than it did when Rodney said it.

But all told, there's been no bloodletting yet (ah, the wonders of
cyberspace!), so little harm's been done.

Then again, we're probably not going to resolve this issue at this
juncture, so we could just agree to disagree for now.

Anyhow, a little passion is good for the soul -- so long as it's
age-appropriate...
Maxine Marks Feinberg
aka maxif at li.net
Cybrarian wannabe
Graduate Assistant and MLS Candidate, St. John's University