Options with dialup com vender?

danforth danforth at tiac.net
Thu Apr 24 15:18:57 EDT 1997

I did have the similar problem with the designated home page from the
vendor our library used.  We have been given 60 hours a month of free
access and that is the only account we had.  We also have a PC running Win95.

The vendor's software is a version of Personal Netscape which appears to be
the 16 bit version of Netscape 2.0 anda the Netscape dialing software. The
options menu would not allow you to modify the 'home setting'.   (I really
do resent that kind of setup.) I used that version to download Netscape 3
and then went thru the procedures to set up the the connection using
Win95's TCP stack.  Giving the sharing that does happen on the net, I was
lucky enough to find the following page, which walked me step by step thru
that set up process.
	http://www.conitech.com/windows/setup.html

Once I had Netscape 3 running using the WIN 95 network connecting, I was
able to change the 'home' URL, download plugins, etc.

Good luck in your endeavor.

Isabel