Internal Revenus Service/AltaVista

Robert Terry rhterry at RBSE.Mountain.Net
Wed Apr 23 14:33:40 EDT 1997

On Wed, 23 Apr 1997, Nick Arnett wrote:

> At 07:35 AM 4/23/97 -0700, Steve Harter wrote:

> inferior to commercially available search software.  Part of my motivation
> in writing this is to counter the notion that AltaVista represents
> state-of-the-art search, even though represents state-of-the-art size.
>
> Nick
>
> ---------------------------------------
> Verity Inc. -- Connecting People with Information
>
> Product Manager, Categorization and Visualization
> 408-542-2164; fax 408-541-1600; home office 408-733-7613
> http://www.verity.com/
>
> Verity Inc.
> 894 Ross Drive
> Sunnyvale, CA 94089

We really enjoyed the JAVA User Interface and marveled at the facets
(terms) being used.  Use of AND to limit things was also nice.  Was the
other part of your motivation to say your product is state-of-the-art ?
The question does not require a reply, I already visited your URL.

Bob Terry
MOREplus Product Manager
URL not provided, but can be found using an AltaVista search