Limiting Internet Access

William Oldfield wroldfie at library.uwaterloo.ca
Mon Apr 21 08:53:18 EDT 1997

We have established secure public access to the Internet with
limiting possibilities using a router and a proxy server.  This is in
a university environment but if you wish to read about it, an article
can be found at :

http://www.lib.uwaterloo.ca/~wroldfie/secure.html

William Oldfield
Networked Information Research Associate
University of Waterloo Library
wroldfie at library.uwaterloo.ca
http://www.lib.uwaterloo.ca/~wroldfie/home.html

----------
> From: tepare at lilac.nhsl.lib.nh.us
> To: Multiple recipients of list <web4lib at library.berkeley.edu>
> Subject: Limiting Internet Access
> Date: Friday, April 18, 1997 3:56 PM
>
> Can anyone recommend some specific software packages a public
library can
> use to limit Internet access to a few specific sites.  The library
provides
> unlimited Internet access on several computers.  Due to the number
of
> surfers, they also want to have a computer dedicated to certain
services
> the library subscribes to such as FirstSearch and SearchBank.
They've