IP Address Change

Sharon Berglund sharonb at hawaii.edu
Thu Apr 17 21:16:54 EDT 1997

Aloha,

We are in the process of improving our LAN which requires us to split
our current network into two parts.  We have been told that the new line
will be able to reach all network functions except for our Internet server
and that we can correct this problem by changing all of our individual IP
addresses.  Has anyone else had to make this kind of change?  If so, did
you encounter many headaches?  My thought is that coordination with
INTERNIC could cause major downtime.  I am interested in any
ideas/suggestions...

Mahalo,

Sharon L. Berglund          http://hml.org
Hawaii Medical Library      voice 808-536-9302
1221 Punchbowl Street       fax   808-524-6956
Honolulu, Hawaii 96813      email sharonb at hawaii.edu
                              OR  berglund at hml.org