No commercials, please

Roy Tennant rtennant at library.berkeley.edu
Thu Apr 17 17:31:35 EDT 1997

Over the last day or so we have seen a couple postings which fall outside
of the Web4Lib posting policy. This list is not moderated, so I must
request that all subscribers please adhere to the policy, which I will
post below for your convenience. It is also available, to your
everlasting joy, at http://sunsite.berkeley.edu/Web4Lib/#Policy . The
recent inappropriate postings have been in violation of policy #2 below.

Posting Policy

The following policy governs all postings to the Web4Lib list. Offenders
will be warned once and removed from the list after further infractions:

1) All messages must relate, however slightly, to the general topic of
World Wide Web systems and libraries or library staff. The list owner
interprets this rather broadly, but messages that are clearly off-topic
not be tolerated.
2) Advertisements are not appropriate. However, a simple statement that
offers a way to follow-up for more information on a service or product is
tolerated if it accompanies a substantive message discussing a subject
appropriate to the list.
3) Virus warnings (not bug reports), are strongly discouraged, and ONLY
official CERT advisories are acceptable.

Thank you for your cooperation,
Roy Tennant
Web4Lib Owner