Problems printing with Netscape 3.01

Malabika Das df189 at freenet.carleton.ca
Tue Apr 15 21:38:04 EDT 1997

Hello there,

I was recently searching the Web4Lib archives for an
answer but was only able to find a partial answer.
Here's the problem:

Our public terminals are running Netscape 3.01 using a
Window NT 4.0 platform.  Most of the time our patrons
are able to print the pages they want using Netscape.
Sometimes, though, they come across sites that seem to
print nothing but blank pages with only the
following information on the page (in small print in
the corners) - title of the page, URL, page
number, and time printed.

We can see the text and images fine on the screen.
However, using Print Preview shows that there's
nothing to print - no text, no images (with the
exception of the text in the corners).

And so my two questions are:
1) Why is this happening? and
2) Is there a way to fix this problem?

Any suggestions or insights would be helpful.

Thanks,

Malabika Das
Librarian
Queens Library - Queensboro Hill Branch