Dublin Core Metadata System

Kyle Banerjee banerjek at ucs.orst.edu
Thu Apr 10 19:54:11 EDT 1997

> OCLC has put together a system which will produce metadata for a given
> URL.  It is not always correct.......

	That's one way of putting it ;). I tried it on a page that gives
instructions as to how to subscribe the the LibSoft listserv. The
generator must have a bug or two since the sea of metadata it created
didn't include a single heading that made sense. Three attempts generated
the same cornball headings which I've attached below. The original url
was: http://www.orst.edu/groups/libsoft/

 -- kyle

Canteens--armed forces , Mess services (Armed forces) , Post exchanges ,
Supply services (Armed forces)--issuing units
Good luck charms , Good luck spells
Command and control systems (Military) , Command functions (Armed forces)
Command and control systems (Military) , Command functions (Armed forces)
, Employee evaluation--military personnel , Leadership--armed forces ,
Supervision of employees--military personnel"
Mahathir bin Mohamad--Malaysian history
Abdul Razak bin Dato' Hussein, Tun Haji--Malaysian history"