Agricultural Resources in CyberStacks(sm)

Gerry McKiernan JL.GJM at ISUMVS.IASTATE.EDU
Thu Apr 10 17:08:58 EDT 1997

            Agricultural Resources in CyberStacks(sm)

     I am pleased to announce that with support provided by a
university grant, I have been able to systematically describe and
incorporate a number of additional resources for the
CyberStacks(sm) collection. The URL for CyberStacks(sm) is:

          http://www.public.iastate.edu/~CYBERSTACKS/

     Among the areas receiving the highest priority for review
and classification are those resources relating to various fields
of Agriculture (S). In selecting titles for full incorporation,
we have given preference to those in subject areas preferred most
by users as conveyed during an experiment in 'virtual cooperative
collection development' conducted in September. A report on this
project was briefly presented at the joint USAIN/IAALD meeting
held last week in Tucson. An article that fully describes this
experiment and its implications is expected to be published in
the official proceedings of the conference in the IAALD Bulletin
by the end of the year.

     By July 1, nearly 500 significant Web resources will be
fully described and classified within the CyberStacks(sm) scheme,
including a substantial number in Agriculture. Earlier this year,
an additional 750 unique Web resources were added to the
CyberStacks(sm) Title Index, which now numbers over 1,250 titles.

     Regards,

Gerry McKiernan
Curator, CyberStacks(sm)
Iowa State University