Question about re-installing Netscape

Jackie Loop loo at inel.gov
Fri Apr 4 19:05:53 EST 1997

Hi,
I hope you'll bear with this question - it's somewhat off topic but I
feel the people on this list would be my best hope of getting an answer.
We're trying to download & install some software from a company server
using the NET-Install Plug-in with Netscape 3.0 (supposedly the version of
NET-Install the company has works only with Netscape 3.0).  The download &
install has worked on a couple of our Dell Windows95 systems, but the most
recent we've been working with cannot get the software installed.
I was told by the computer folks that the solution was to uninstall &
reload Netscape & the plug-in.  When I do this (using the Windows95 add/
remove program option & then using the find routine to locate & delete any
leftover files or folders with netscape in the name), Netscape reinstalls
& defaults to our Technical Library home page.
My question is whether anyone knows where the Netscape preferences/options
are being stored, so we can really uninstall Netscape & then hopefully
get a good installation!  (BTW, every time I've re-installed the plug-in,
Netscape has claimed it's there & enabled - I guess it just can't get
launched.)

Any comments or suggestions would be most appreciated.
Thanks!

Jackie Loop
INEEL Technical Library
loo at inel.gov