PDF upload problem resolved

David Binkley binkley at sfu.ca
Fri Apr 4 14:28:23 EST 1997

I posted my problem of pdf files not displaying from our Apache web
server to the PDF-L list (many thanks to Bill King for the suggestion;
see http://www.emrg.com/forum/pdfl.html) and received this response.
Thanks also to D.P.Storey, who emailed me the same information:

Question: When I click on a url to open pdf, I get a blank page. The
browser's
status bar indicates "Document Done"

Answer: The problem exists on both Internet Explorer and Netscape. The
web
servers returned headers that Netscape and IE wouldn't accept. This
problem
has been found on Apache 1.2 beta (b6 or eariler) and OpenMarket web
servers.
To fix the Apache server problem, the webmasters need to upgrade the
server
to 1.2b7 or later. We currently have no status about the OpenMarket
server
yet.
Our developer is still contacting them and trying to resolve the
problem.

Ada Yue
Acrobat Quality Assurance Manager
Adobe Systems Incorporated