Year 2000 check for your PCs

Ernest Perez perez at opac.osl.state.or.us
Mon Apr 7 18:30:09 EDT 1997

One of my colleagues passed along a copy of "Willit," downloadable
freeware that supposedly does a quick check on Year 2000 problems for
PCs. UEL is <http://www.sbhs.com/y2k/>.  It's from an Australian
commercial firm, who of course would love to sell you their allied
fixes, complete diagnostics, etc.

Anyone have experience with this software, is it dependable, etc. My
486, for example, fails 2 of the 4 tests: "#1 Real Time Clock Rollover
Test," and "#4 Non-Leap Year 2001 Test." Meaning??? Quien sabe?"

Web4Lib-ers might be interested in this package. As the millenium
approaches, it probably behooves us to get ready with all our twisted
little labyrinths of electronic information, be they personal or
institutional!

- ernest

Ernest Perez//Oregon State Library//perez at opac.state.or.us//503-378-4243