Silent computer

Angelina Joseph josepha at vms.csd.mu.edu
Mon Sep 30 09:11:31 EDT 1996

I recently got a windows95 machine with no built in speakers.
Our Systems Libararian said that if I want to have sound, buy a speaker
for around $10.00.

I used to have a real crummy old machine where I had fire phasers which
beeped when I logged in, and also it made a different beep when I hit a
wrong key for something.  However, now there is absolutely no sound at
all, even if I make a mistake.  When I don't get the correct response, I
realize that I made a typo.

My question to the list is how can I have some sound in my windows95
machine without having the external speaker attached to it?
--Angelina Joseph
  MU Law Library