Summertime and the livin' is ???

Hillel Weintraub hillelw at doshisha-intnl.tanabe.kyoto.jp
Sat Sep 28 22:07:33 EDT 1996

I notice at least one other response to Thom Gillespie
<thom at copper.ucs.indiana.edu>'s message about his new program at Indiana
University,  "an interdisciplinary program ... which recognizes multimedia
as essentially a new medium of communication with new needs for new
training and new faculty." I responded to him personally because I'm
interested in the idea of how people interested in this growing field can
work towards a degree while they are teaching/working in schools and have
only summers free.
        Thom replied giving some information about on-line programs, but
I'm much more interested in non-virtual programs taking place on campuses
existing in touchable spaces (Hands-on programs with ftf
teaching/learning/relationships.)

Is anyone familiar with or can point me to interesting classes/programs
which go on in the summer time?

Hillel