printers

Kat Nagel/MasterWork katnagel at eznet.net
Thu Sep 26 17:51:50 EDT 1996

Wilfred [Bill] Drew wrote:

>> I must disagree with great vehemence (spelling ? ;-)) about HP
>> Laserjets.

Then John Creech added:
>I'm in; deal the cards.  I'm with Bill.  We've had an HP 4L at home
>since 8/93 and have never had any problems.  Oh, except sometimes they
>run out of paper and that black stuff in the funny cartridges.

Now  -I-  say:
I love my HPLaserjet 4MP.  It has survived two cross-town moves, the
depradations of two aggressively curious cats, and prints several reams
per day with nary a whimper.

The paper and toner are much easier for me to change on the HP
than they are on the Epson, Okidata, and Apple printers I use at
client sites.  It prints on anything from 3x5 cards to full-page card stock.

I  -did-  have a paper jam once.  I was using special coated paper for
layout work, and the temperature/humidity hit 93oF / 98%RH.
Everything  -else-  was turning gummy and sticking to anything it
touched, so I wasn't surprised when the paper wadded up.  So, if
I lived in a steamy climate and had to use coated paper, I'd buy
a different printer.

The only thing I'm truly dissatisfied with is the speed (4ppm for text;
longer for heavy-duty graphics).  When I upgrade, I will probably
get another HP.

   MEDIREF info service    knagel at mcls.rochester.lib.ny.us
   MasterWork Consulting Services       katnagel at eznet.net