Win95 security

Rod Bustos bustos_ra at Mercer.EDU
Thu Sep 26 15:34:38 EDT 1996

We have recently set up a network that gives our students access to the
web via Netscape.  I just downloaded the recently discussed IKIOSK
program and this seems to work great for greying out certain functions we
don't want them getting into.  The main thing we'd like to prevent that
doesn't seem possible with IKIOSK is access to DOS.  As it stands, the
students can still shut down the PC and restart it in MS-DOS mode.  Does
anyone know of a free or shareware program that could block access to the
"restart in MS-DOS mode" function?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.  Please reply directly to me at
bustos_ra at mercer.edu as I am on digest and only receive mailings once a day.
I'll be glad to summarize for the list if there is interest.

Rod