Web development: a tool for org. restructuring

Paula Garrett pgarrett at library.usyd.edu.au
Thu Sep 26 02:06:41 EDT 1996

Steve Ryan and I have written a paper for the upcoming WebNet conference
in San Francisco.  Our short paper, Reorganised by the Web:  Bringing the
Missing Link into Focus, proposes that information-based service
organisations can use the process of designing a client-focussed Web as a
restructuring tool.  The "missing link" in the title refers to the client.

We would like to develop this paper in the future and are interested to
hear discussion of ideas and experience from list members on this or related
topics.  Has the development of your Web site led to a rethinking of your
organisation's structure or even led in part to restructuring?

Reorganised by the Web: Bringing the Missing Link into Focus
http://www.library.usyd.edu.au/WEBNET/WebNet536.html

WebNet site
http://aace.virginia.edu/aace/conf/webnet/advpro96.html

Thanks,