Netscape and MSIE administration kits -- any info?

Michael S. Wilde mswilde at mailhost1.csusm.edu
Wed Sep 25 14:08:17 EDT 1996

Tim...

> Yeah I have been working with I-Kiosk and it does as advertised.  What it
> doesn't do is allow you to restict access to buttons, like the Mail icon
> on Netscape.  Still it will help alot in stopping people from accessing

true....but the full release should have that capability...really, you may
want to move to MSIE 3.0...the mail program is modular and you don't have
to have it installed....

Since my PC's in my library are Win31 (due to low RAM), I am stuck with
Netscape.

> the preferences. We are also looking to use it to "grey" out options on
some
> of our helper applications, such as Telnet configuration menus, etc.

Heck..it works

> Where our biggest hole in Windows 95 clients is stopping people from
saving
> to the C drive.  Want to allow people to save to the A drive and would
like
> it to default to A drive as well.  This is not only in the "Save as..."
menu
> in Netscape, but also when people get the "Helper Application or Plug-in
Not
> Found Dialog boxes."

Tim..you should be able to restrict write access to the C drive with the
Policy Editor in Win95...its on your cd (under admintools) or you can get
it free off the web....

				Michael

Michael S. Wilde
Excellence in Library Information Systems
mswilde at csusm.edu
(619)-750-4361
http://silent_bob.csusm.edu