Netscape and MSIE administration kits -- any info?

Timothy G. Kambitsch kambitsch at dayton.lib.oh.us
Wed Sep 25 14:24:08 EDT 1996

Yeah I have been working with I-Kiosk and it does as advertised.  What it
doesn't do is allow you to restict access to buttons, like the Mail icon
on Netscape.  Still it will help alot in stopping people from accessing
the preferences. We are also looking to use it to "grey" out options on some
of our helper applications, such as Telnet configuration menus, etc.

Where our biggest hole in Windows 95 clients is stopping people from saving
to the C drive.  Want to allow people to save to the A drive and would like
it to default to A drive as well.  This is not only in the "Save as..." menu
in Netscape, but also when people get the "Helper Application or Plug-in Not
Found Dialog boxes."

>I have found THE tool that will solve nearly all of the problems we've been
>addressing.
>Hypertec's beta release of IKIOSK rules.  It allows you to "grey out"
>any...I repeat any menu item in any windows 31 or windows 95 program...yes
>gang, it works on pop ups too....

Tim Kambitsch <kambitsch at dayton.lib.oh.us>
Dayton and Montgomery County Public Library                   513-227-9560
215 East Third Street Dayton OH 45402                   fax:  513-227-9524