Netscape and MSIE administration kits -- any info?

Michael S. Wilde mswilde at mailhost1.csusm.edu
Wed Sep 25 12:27:31 EDT 1996

I have found THE tool that will solve nearly all of the problems we've been
addressing.
Hypertec's beta release of IKIOSK rules.  It allows you to "grey out"
any...I repeat any menu item in any windows 31 or windows 95 program...yes
gang, it works on pop ups too....

I talked to Denis Kirk of Hypertec and he told me the final release of
Ikiosk will be able to restrict any setting in any menu, textbox,
dialogbox, etc..etc..etc..

I have this thing running on a Win95 machine and a Win31 machine and it
works beautiful...

In netscape, i've greyed out the "Set As WallPaper", all of the Preferences
menu items, the Netscape Mail, and a bunch of other stuff.....

This is the KILLER APP for library public computers....try it out in beta
for free, and you'll be just as sold as I am...

Oh yeah, for that "How to prevent someone from printing problem" that's
been addressed, well, you can just grey out the print menu too...

No more progman.ini editing either...you can turn this thing on and off
with the click of a button and it is passworded so users cant get in to
turn the settings off!!

I am sold!!

				Michael

Michael S. Wilde
Excellence in Library Information Systems
mswilde at csusm.edu
(619)-750-4361
http://silent_bob.csusm.edu