print to disk from netscape - HELP

Frank Lin F.Lin at uws.edu.au
Wed Sep 25 00:51:54 EDT 1996

Hello all,
We are in the process of switching from free printing to cost recovery
printing on a stand alone printing kiosk.  The procedure is for students to
download to disk and then goto the printing kiosk to print.  My problem is
that Netscape can not download graphics.  On solution that I have is to
print to disk as Postscript.  On the printing kiosk, the students can open
the "print to disk" file with ghostscript viewer (ie. gsview) and print.
This solution works on my P100 with win95 (haven't try multiple pages) but
on win3.1 (486DX2)the printing runs like a snail.

Anyone have any better solution(s)?  (I have checked the web4lib archive
with no luck already!) The bottom line is that students must download (or
print) to disk and physically move to this stand alone kiosk.

Tnanks....
Frank
______
Frank Lin                         E-Mail: F.Lin at uws.edu.au
Computer Support/Liaison Officer
http://libweb.macarthur.uws.edu.au/people/flin.htm
Library & Information Services               Phone: (046) 20 3589
University of Western Sydney - Macarthur     Fax: (046) 282 460
PO Box 555, Campbelltown NSW 2560 Australia