I need advice....

BENISON, THELMA BENISON at CSMC.EDU
Tue Sep 24 16:02:44 EDT 1996

I need advice on how to control the usage of 12 PC's in our library.
First, I need to know the following:

1.	any suggestions on how to monitor the usage of our computers OTHER than
	the manner we are doing it now which is having the patron sign in
	on a notebook (i.e. name, dept. time in/out)

	a.	-- is there a software program out there that can keep
		statistics of the number of times a computer gets
		used regardless of the databases and software
		already loaded on it. I want stats on how many times the
		user is on and off (not what they use to work on it)

Whatever suggestions you can send on would be greatly appreciated by all
the staff here at Cedars- Sinai.  So far, each and every time a patron
uses any of our pc's we literally have to walk the patron to the computer
and log them in by typing in a password.... so imagine doing this 10-25
times an hour, plus  having the phone ring a million times while you're
gone from the frontdesk!!!!

Thanks in advance.

Thelma Benison
Cedars-Sinai Medical Library