Netscape question

Jen McLeod mcleod at maine.maine.edu
Wed Sep 18 23:08:26 EDT 1996

hello all!

Some colleagues and myself are puzzled by a feature in Netscape
and we've been unable to find out anything at Netscape's site.

The "Location:" box, where one may enter a URL, has a pull-down
menu arrow on the right-hand side.  This seems to reveal a menu
containing URLs that have been typed into this box, or perhaps
"cut-n-pasted".  However, it doesn't hold ALL of the URLs entered, and
it seems to be random.

Can anyone tell me what the purpose of this menu is, and how it can
be used?

Thanks a lot!  :)

- Jen
Jennifer E. McLeod
University of Maine Fogler Library
(207) 581-1692

"Of all, clockmakers and morticians should bear the keenest sense of
priority -- their lives daily spent in observance of the unflagging
procession of time ... and the end thereof."  - David Parkin's diary,
January 3, 1901 (Timepiece, by R. P. Evans)

http://libinfo.ume.maine.edu/Staff/mcleod.html <---  Staff page
http://libinfo.ume.maine.edu/~mcleodj/  <--- Personal page